11 June 2008

Filling up my root partition with a table of 3.7Gb

Here we go again!

Yesterday, I filled twice my linux partitions! The first time because I had mysql configure to use binlog and the second time because the Rails development log was filled with the details of the SQL query!!!

This time, the size of the data for the 50 000 emails filled the /var/lib/mysql/lecool_development/emails.MYD file which contains the data of the "emails" table.

I used the following command to find the big files:

sudo find / -xdev -size +104857600c
And it found:
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 3942782004 2008-06-10 19:58 emails.MYD

I deleted with a SQL "DELETE FROM emails" the data and that was it ...

Hum hum, time to upgrade to a new hard drive with bigger partitions and configure mysql to store its data into the home partition ... or buy a mac??? Let's see in 2009 ;-)

No comments: