05 June 2007

RSpec Changes log RSS

The excellent BDD framework RSpec has been very active these days, and the 1.0 version was immediatly followed by minor uptates. As their web site seems to not contain a blog or RSS feed, I have used the excellent idea and tool page2rss.com to generate a RSS feed on changes from the

http://rspec.rubyforge.org/changes.html page.


To receive updates for this page in RSS format copy-paste this link (http://page2rss.com/page/rss?url=rspec.rubyforge.org/changes.html) into your feed reader.

If you use one of the following reader, just click to the link to subscribe to Feed:

I have also shared my netvibes rspec tab which includes RSS on the mailing list archives (user & developper).
If you are using netvibes, you can add it by cliking on Add to Netvibes

Otherwise, here are 2 screenshots to give you a ruff idea:

The different modules (RSS and links):


If you want to suggest more, please contact me ;-)

Netvibes has a new feature which allow to preview web sites without leaving the netvibes window. Just clik on the right hand corner button: "Show website". Doing this, I can skim first through the titles and then preview the web sites to read the details of each post: so cool!



Don't wait, install netvibes now!

The RSS for the user & developpers' list comes from nabble.com

Before finding out about nabble, I have been trying for the first time Yahoo!pipes and I have to say I love it!!! I have a feeling it's going to be one of my favourite gadget. It is a very user friendly tool with a fantastic user interface, it took me 45 minutes to write the pipe which generates the url http://page2rss.com/page/atom?url=rubyforge.org/pipermail/rspec-devel/2007-June/thread.html
from today's date. The only issue was that Yahoo!pipes truncated the post content because the RSS generated by the page2rss.com did not give a title to the posts ...

Technorati Tags ,

No comments: